Bob Evans Restaurants has long been known for serving up delicious, homestyle meals at affordable prices. The Ohio-based chain, which opened its first restaurant back in 1953, prides itself on using only the freshest ingredients while maintaining a cozy, welcoming atmosphere reminiscent of the American farm.
In keeping with its commitment to providing quality food for the whole family, Bob Evans offers a special senior menu aimed at older adults aged 55 and up. This menu features an array of classic favorites for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, all tailored to meet the nutritional needs of seniors while staying gentle on their wallets.
This comprehensive guide will provide an in-depth look at Bob Evans’ senior menu.
Bob Evans Senior Menu Items
|Rise & Shine||$7.99|
|Big Egg Breakfast||$8.99|
|Sausage Gravy & Biscuits||$4.69|
|Sausage Gravy Breakfast||$6.69|
|Almond Toffee Brioche French Toast||$6.99|
|Build Your Own Omelet||$7.99|
|Half Sandwich Combo||$6.99|
|Cranberry Pecan Salad||$7.99|
|Chicken Fried Chicken||$7.29|
|Country Fried Steak||$7.29|
|Fruit Pie Slice||$2.99|
|Ice Cream Sundae||$1.29|
|Hot Fudge Cake||$3.39|
Bob Evans’ senior menu has something for everyone and every meal of the day. Here’s an overview of some of the breakfast, lunch, and dinner options senior diners can enjoy.
Start the day off right with a hot, hearty breakfast from Bob Evans. The senior breakfast menu includes all the classics like fluffy pancakes, farm-fresh eggs, sizzling bacon, and Jimmy Dean sausage.
Some healthy highlights:
- Oatmeal – The old-fashioned or fruit and cream oatmeal provides 6-8 grams of fiber per serving. The cinnamon pecan oatmeal packs protein too with its nuts and milk.
- Egg Beaters – For a cholesterol-free egg option, you can substitute Egg Beaters or egg whites on any breakfast entree.
- Fresh Fruit – Seasonal fruits like mixed berries, bananas, apples, grapefruit, and oranges are available.
- Cereal – Bran cereals such as Raisin Bran, All Bran, and Smart Start are high fiber choices.
The senior lunch menu at Bob Evans features a nice assortment of soups, salads, and sandwiches. Lighter fare during the day can help maintain appetite for a hearty dinner.
Some of the most popular picks include:
- Soup and Salad – A cup of soup paired with a small garden, cobb, or Caesar salad is a nutritious combo. Broccoli cheese and baked potato soups are senior favorites.
- Hot Turkey Sandwich – Sliced turkey on bread smothered in savory gravy is a classic. Served with mashed potatoes and veggies.
- Half Sandwich and Soup – Get a half turkey, BLT, or tuna salad sandwich with a cup of soup or side salad.
- Senior Sampler – Chicken tenders, shrimp, and petite sirloin steak bites served with sides. Good for splitting.
For dinner, the senior menu focuses on hearty American classics like juicy pot roasts, fried chicken, and old-fashioned meatloaf. Served with generous helpings of mashed potatoes, vegetables, salad, dinner rolls, and more – these meals are sure to satisfy.
Some of the most filling dinner choices:
- Pot Roast – A tender pot roast smothered in savory gravy, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions. Comfort food at its finest.
- Chicken Fried Chicken – A Southern staple of breaded and fried chicken breast topped with creamy gravy. Served with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Meatloaf – A thick slice of made-from-scratch meatloaf just like Grandma used to make. Served with mashed potatoes and corn.
- Country Fried Steak – A breaded and fried chopped steak topped with black pepper gravy. Served with mashed potatoes and choice of veggie.
- Salmon – A grilled 6oz salmon filet seasoned with a lemon pepper blend. Served on a bed of rice pilaf with steamed broccoli.
What’s dinner without something sweet? Bob Evans offers fruit pies, ice cream, and other desserts to put the cherry on top of any senior meal.
- Fruit Pies – Warm slices of apple, cherry, blueberry, strawberry rhubarb, and other seasonal pies. Served a la mode with creamy vanilla ice cream.
- Ice Cream – Simple dishes of chocolate or vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate sauce, strawberries, or other goodies.
- Hot Fudge Cake – Rich chocolate cake with hot fudge inside, topped with ice cream and more fudge.
- Bread Pudding – Homemade bread pudding made with cinnamon swirl bread and loaded with raisins. Topped with bourbon sauce.
With so many mouthwatering options, seniors will look forward to every meal at Bob Evans. The senior menu expertly covers all the nutritional bases while dishing up generous portions of classic comfort foods.
Pricing and Value
In addition to tailoring the menu to meet seniors’ dietary needs, Bob Evans also offers outstanding value with its senior menu pricing. Meals are available all day long for the discounted price of $7.29 each.
Every senior entree comes with two sides included, so there’s no extra charge for adding veggies, soup, salad, or other accompaniments. Desserts are affordably priced at $2.29 each.
Seniors who come for breakfast can choose a filling combo of eggs, meat, pancakes, oatmeal, or cereal for just $7.29. Lunches like soup and salad or sandwiches average around $7.29 as well. Hearty dinners with pot roast, fried chicken, salmon, and more cost only $7.29 each.
Compared to Bob Evans’ regular menu with lunch and dinner entrees ranging from $9-$15, the senior menu offers a significant cost savings. And the ample portions ensure seniors get their money’s worth. A slice of meatloaf or pot roast, for instance, is often enough for leftovers.
Beyond the everyday discounted pricing, seniors aged 60 and older who have an official Golden Buckeye Card receive an extra 10% off their meals. This makes the average senior entree just $6.56 – a true bargain for homestyle food made from quality ingredients. Whether on a fixed income or just wanting to stretch their dollars, older adults will appreciate the affordability of the Bob Evans senior menu.
In addition to great food at great prices, Bob Evans also provides a comfortable, senior-friendly restaurant environment. The charming decor and helpful staff make it an enjoyable destination for older guests.
The interior of most Bob Evans locations features a homey, farmhouse aesthetic with warm wood accents, vintage photos, and country-themed knickknacks. Tables include cozy padded booths and chairs set with cloth napkins and tablecloths. The dining rooms are spacious, well-lit, and clean.
Servers are especially attentive to senior patrons. They patiently take orders and offer menu recommendations tailored to older adults. The staff brings out hot coffee and ice water right away and checks in frequently to ensure satisfaction. They are happy to split or box up meals for leftovers.
The restaurants also aim to provide an accessible experience for seniors. Entrances include ramps and automatic doors for mobility aids. Bathrooms have grab bars and wide stalls to accommodate wheelchairs if needed. Servers are quick to assist with any other special requests.
The inviting setting and senior-focused service allows older guests to relax and enjoy their meals. Bob Evans restaurants provide a welcoming place where the whole family can gather and savor time together over delicious farmhouse fare.
What are the breakfast options on the senior menu?
The Bob Evans senior breakfast menu includes classics like oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, french toast, cereal, fresh fruit, and more. Seniors can customize their breakfast by choosing different sides like bacon, sausage, or ham.
What is the price of the senior menu items?
All entrees on the Bob Evans senior menu are $7.29 each. This discounted pricing is available all day long. Desserts are $2.29 each. Seniors 60+ with a Golden Buckeye Card get an additional 10% off.
Does the senior menu have healthy options?
Yes, the Bob Evans senior menu provides balanced meals with plenty of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Healthy options include oatmeal, salads, grilled chicken, salmon, and steamed veggies. Seniors have many ways to customize for a nutritious meal.
What are some senior-friendly features of Bob Evans restaurants?
Bob Evans restaurants have ramps, wide aisles, and accessible bathrooms to accommodate seniors with mobility aids if needed. The staff is trained to provide senior-attentive service like bringing out hot coffee, splitting meals, and boxing leftovers.
What are some popular dinner choices on the senior menu?
Some of the most popular senior dinners are pot roast, chicken fried chicken, meatloaf, country fried steak, and salmon. These classic entrees are served with generous sides like mashed potatoes, vegetables, salad, and warm rolls.
For seniors looking for a hearty, homestyle meal in a comfortable setting, it’s hard to beat the value and quality of Bob Evans’ senior menu offerings. The carefully crafted menu expertly meets older adults’ nutritional needs by providing well-balanced meals full of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, while limiting sodium, sugar, and unhealthy fats.
With breakfast, lunch, and dinner options starting at just $7.29 including two sides, the senior menu is a great deal. And the cozy, farmhouse ambiance coupled with senior-attentive service makes Bob Evans a favorite dining spot for older generations.
So next time you’re craving some chicken fried chicken, pot roast, or other American classics, head to Bob Evans and treat yourself to affordable comfort food tailored for the senior diner. Your taste buds and wallet will thank you!