Bob Evans restaurants are a staple of American dining, especially in the Midwest. Known for their hearty meals and homestyle classics, Bob Evans is a popular spot for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With over 400 locations across 18 states, Bob Evans offers consistent and comforting food for the whole family.
This blog post will provide an in-depth guide to everything you need to know about lunch hours at Bob Evans. We’ll cover the typical hours, menu options, popular dishes, specials and promotions, tips for avoiding crowds, and how to optimize your Bob Evans lunch experience.
Whether you’re a loyal Bob Evans fan or considering your first visit, this guide will ensure you make the most of your midday meal.
Bob Evans Lunch Hours
|Day||Opening Time||Last Seating||Closing Time|
On weekdays, most Bob Evans restaurants open for lunch between 10:30am and 11:00am. Lunch service typically ends between 2:00pm and 4:00pm, though closing times can vary by location.
Here are the typical weekday lunch hours at Bob Evans:
- Open: 10:30am – 11:00am
- Last seating: 2:00pm – 2:30pm
- Close: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
On Saturdays, Bob Evans locations open later, often between 11:00am and 11:30am for the start of lunch. They close earlier as well, with last call between 2:00pm – 3:00pm and doors shut by 4:00pm.
For Sundays, Bob Evans restaurants open for lunch anywhere from 11:00am to 12:00pm. Last seating is usually between 2:30pm and 3:30pm, with closing time falling between 3:00pm and 5:00pm. Hours can sometimes be reduced on Sundays at certain locations.
Some key takeaways:
- Weekday lunch hours start between 10:30am – 11:00am, ending between 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Saturday lunch is shorter, often 11:00am – 4:00pm
- Sunday lunch varies more, typically 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Hours can differ across locations
Knowing the typical lunch hours will help you plan your visit. Be sure to check your local Bob Evans’ hours before heading over.
Bob Evans Lunch Menu
The lunch menu at Bob Evans features a mix of sandwiches, salads, soups, and classic entrées. Here are some highlights:
- Hot sandwiches like patty melts, clubs, and French dip
- Cold sandwiches with ham, turkey, roast beef
- Grilled options like the BBQ pork sandwich
- Signature sandwiches like the Bobbie (turkey) and Farmer’s Favorite (ham)
- Caesar, cobb, chef’s, and fresh fruit salads
- Dressings like ranch, Italian, balsamic vinaigrette
- Salad add-ons like grilled chicken and avocado
Soups & Sides
- Soups of the day like baked potato or broccoli cheese
- Sides like mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, coleslaw
- Bottomless bowls of soup, salad, and breadsticks
- Pot roast, chicken tenders, fish and shrimp baskets
- Lighter options like grilled chicken breasts
- Classic meals like meatloaf, pot pie, and chicken and noodles
In addition to these everyday menu items, Bob Evans also offers daily lunch specials.
Most Popular Lunch Items
Based on customer reviews and sales data, these dishes stand out as Bob Evans’ top lunch offerings:
- Bobbie Sandwich – Sliced turkey, Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and signature sauce on wheat berry bread
- Soup & Salad Combo – Bottomless soup, salad, and breadsticks, with rotating soups
- Farmhouse Salad – Grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes, cheddar, eggs, croutons, and ranch dressing
- Pot Roast – Slow-roasted pot roast with mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetables, and a breadstick
- Chicken Tender Salad/Sandwich – Hand-breaded fried chicken tenders served on a fresh salad or sandwich
The Bobbie is a clear favorite, as is the soup and salad deal. For heartier meals, customers flock to the pot roast and chicken tenders. Be sure to try one of these go-to items to experience the most popular Bob Evans lunch offerings.
Lunch Specials and Promotions
Bob Evans runs daily lunch specials Monday through Friday offering discounted meals. Specials may include:
- Sandwich and soup combo – $6.99
- Half sandwich with side – $7.99
- Pot pie or chicken tenders with two sides – $8.99
- Two or three course meals from $7.99 – $9.99
The daily specials provide a low-cost lunch option while allowing you to sample Bob Evans’ favorites.
Bob Evans also offers an email club with exclusive offers sent to members. You can often find additional coupons and discounts on their website and social media pages as well. Signing up for email and following Bob Evans on Facebook/Twitter will ensure you never miss a deal.
Tips for Avoiding Lunch Crowds
As a popular spot for lunch, especially among seniors, Bob Evans can get quite busy during peak midday hours. Here are some tips to beat the crowds:
- Go early – Arrive shortly after opening to avoid 11:30am – 1:00pm rushes
- Go late – After 1:00pm crowds tend to thin out
- Call ahead seating – Some locations take call aheads to reserve tables
- Takeout – Order online or by phone for quick grab and go
- Off-peak days – Avoid busiest days like Saturdays and Sundays
- Sit at the bar – Usually less crowded and quicker service
Planning your meal just before or after the peak hours will provide a more relaxed dining experience. Off-peak days like Tuesday and Wednesday tend to be less busy as well.
Ordering Tips for Quicker Service
To streamline your lunch visit, keep these Bob Evans ordering tips in mind:
- Order simple – Customizations and substitutions can slow down kitchens
- Go classic – Popular menu items are made frequently and served fastest
- Start with drinks – Get drink orders in early while reviewing menu
- Know your order – Decide beforehand to speed up the process
- Repeat it back – Confirm details with server to prevent mistakes
- Ask for extra sauce – Request extra gravy, dressings, etc with meal
Sticking to simpler dishes, bottled drinks, and the classics will reduce wait times. Having your order ready and confirming details helps too. And don’t forget extra gravy – it makes everything taste better!
Best Items for Takeout
Bob Evans’ extensive menu has plenty of excellent takeout options for grabbing lunch on the go:
- Sandwiches – Hold up well for takeout and travel
- Salads – Dressing on the side to prevent sogginess
- Soups – Stay hot in to-go containers
- Sides – Fries, coleslaw, cottage cheese, etc
- Pot Pie – Individual pot pies made for takeout
- Family Meals – Bigger portions of classics to share
Sandwiches, salads, sides, pot pies, and family style meals are all great choices for takeout. You can order online or by phone for fastest service.
Taking Advantage of Online Ordering
Bob Evans makes takeout even more convenient with online ordering available on their website or mobile app. Benefits include:
- Skip the line – Order ahead and pick up when ready
- Earn rewards – Get points for online orders through My Bob Rewards
- Remote access – Order from home, office, or anywhere
- Exact customization – Tailor your order to preferences
- Payment processed – No need to bring payment into restaurant
With online ordering, you can customize your lunch order exactly how you like it and then grab it to go without waiting in line. It’s the fastest way to get your Bob Evans favorites!
Customizing Your Lunch Order
One great perk of Bob Evans is the ability to customize your lunch to suit your tastes. Here are some ways to tailor your meal:
- Bread – Choose white, wheat, rye, sourdough, etc for sandwiches
- Dressings – Opt for lighter or gluten-free dressings on salads
- Sides – Swap fries for broccoli or mashed potatoes
- Add avocado – For extra flavor and nutrition in salads
- Lighter protein – Grilled chicken instead of fried tenders
- Half-portions – Perfect amount for lighter lunch appetites
- Senior menu – Discounted lunch options for ages 55+
Don’t be shy about asking for substitutions or special preparations. Bob Evans staff aims to please with customized orders.
Kid-Friendly Lunch Options
In addition to the regular menu, Bob Evans has a special Kids Meal Menu perfect for little appetites. Offerings include:
- Jr. Farmer’s Favorite – Ham and cheese sandwich with one side
- Li’l Clucker – Grilled or crispy chicken sandwich with one side
- Itty Bitty Tenders – Two chicken tenders with one side
- Mac N’ Cheese – Elbow macaroni in cheese sauce
- Kiddie Cheeseburger – Burger with cheese and one side
Sides like applesauce, fries, and cottage cheese cater to kid preferences. Adults can order from the regular menu, while kids get meals tailored for them.
Enjoying the Ambiance at Lunch
Beyond the food, the ambiance at Bob Evans enhances the whole lunch experience:
- Country charm – Rustic decor with natural wood and farmhouse feel
- Homestyle setting – Casual and cozy for leisurely lunch
- Display bakery – Watch fresh breads and pies being prepared
- Sunny patios – Outdoor seasonal seating at many locations
- Quick counter service – Order at the counter for fast weekday lunches
- Attentive wait staff – Servers provide gracious hospitality
The charming decor and welcoming staff make Bob Evans a go-to spot for taking a break from the workday or simply catching up with friends and family over a satisfying lunch.
Tips for an Enjoyable Lunch Experience
Here are a few final tips for making the most of lunch at Bob Evans:
- Arrive early or late to avoid crowds
- Take advantage of online ordering for fastest service
- Customize your meal to your preferences
- Enjoy specials and discounted combo deals
- Savor the charming, homestyle ambiance
- Bring the whole family and order off the kids’ menu
- Get dessert! Bob Evans is known for its pies and baked goods
Lunch at Bob Evans offers a chance to sit down and relax over classic comfort foods in a cozy setting. Follow this guide to make the most of Bob Evans’ lunch hours for an enjoyable midday dining experience.
Here are 5 common FAQs about the Bob Evans lunch hours blog post:
What are the lunch hours at my local Bob Evans restaurant?
Lunch hours can vary by location. Be sure to check your specific restaurant’s hours. In general, Bob Evans serves lunch on weekdays from 10:30am – 2:00pm and on weekends from 11:00am – 3:00pm.
What are the most popular lunch items at Bob Evans?
Some of the most popular Bob Evans lunch items include the Bobbie sandwich, soup & salad combos, Farmhouse salad, pot roast, and chicken tender sandwiches/salads. These classics are customer favorites.
Does Bob Evans offer lunch specials or deals?
Yes, Bob Evans offers daily lunch specials Monday through Friday. These feature discounted combo meals, sandwiches, sides, and entrees usually ranging from $6.99 – $9.99. They also send exclusive coupons and promotions through their email club.
How can I avoid crowds and get faster service at lunch?
Going early, late, on off-peak days, calling ahead for seating, ordering takeout online, and sitting at the counter can help you avoid crowds. Ordering simpler dishes and classics can also speed up service.
What kid-friendly options are on the Bob Evans lunch menu?
The Bob Evans kids menu has meals like mini sandwiches, chicken tenders, mac and cheese, cheeseburgers, and more. The kids menu portions and sides cater specifically to children’s preferences.
With its hearty meals, charming atmosphere, and tips provided in this guide, Bob Evans is the perfect spot for everything from working lunches to weekend family outings. Now that you know the typical hours, popular dishes, specials and promotions, and how to optimize your visit, you can make the most of Bob Evans for lunch any day of the week. Bring your appetite and get ready to enjoy generous helpings of comfort food classics.